Saturday, March 26, 2011

In my Granny's Honor

Many of you may know that on March 14, 2011, I lost my granny.  My granny was a great woman who had a big heart.  The last few years of her life was spent in a nursing home not know who anyone was.  She suffered from Alzheimer's.  My parents would go to visit her, and she may know who my dad (her son) was for a split second, but then forgot.  She would then get upset for not knowing who he was.  She could not eat or drink without assistance.  In all honesty, I did not visit much over the last several years.  Once I heard how bad her condition was, I didn't want to upset her or upset myself by seeing someone I cared for in a state like that.  My memories of her were good and that's how I want it to stay.  The picture below is possibly the last picture I have with her (which is from my wedding).
Look at how happy she looks!  Isn't she beautiful.  The handsome guy to the left of her is actually my Pappy, which I lost a couple of years ago.  Such happiness in both of them.  This is the way I want to remember them. 

In honor of my granny and her condition, I am posting the website to the Alzheimer's Association (www.alz.org).  Please look at this website and learns the signs of the condition and be aware of them. 

I love you Granny and you will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment