Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm Back...but Venting on Toddlers and Tiaras!

I very rarely use my blog to vent about anything, but as I sit in a hotel room at a conference for work, I am watching Toddlers and Tiaras.  I don't get why I find myself drawn to watching this show because I get angry watching it!  These parents (it is mom AND dad) just don't see what they could be doing to their children.  These children are learning you have to be fake to win.  The children wear fake everything...fake hair, eyelashes, TEETH, and even butts!  Plus, placing a 3 year old in the prostitute outfit from Pretty Woman...really!  Oh and the teeth, these are not just 1 tooth replacing one that may have fallen out, but they are using "flippers", an entire set of top teeth that have to be glued in.  I just heard a 9 yr old say that "I will probably do pageants until I am around 1000 years old b/c I am sure I will always look good, but I may have to have a couple of facelifts along the way"!  Really...  I just don't get it.  They spend tons of money on registration, outfits, the fake stuff, and coaches, and get little return to even cover the costs...even if you win!  It's just amazing to me the things the parents say to their children, when "training", winning, and loosing!  I am not against pageants in the least, but why can't a child win for being themselves without all the fakeness.  Let a kid be a kid!  Okay...I am done now!  Thanks for "listening"!

No comments:

Post a Comment